Jeep Grandee Cheroki
+ Jeep Grand Cherokee brand Cars
+ Settings and routine maintenance
+ Ryadny six-cylinder engine
+ V8 Engine
- Procedures of the general and major maintenance of the engine
Major maintenance of the engine - the general information
Check of kompressionny pressure in cylinders
The diagnostic checks made by means of the vacuum gage
Methods of removal of the engine and necessary precautionary measures
Removal and engine installation
Options of restoration of the engine
Order of dismantling of the engine
Dismantling of a head of cylinders
Cleaning and check of a condition of a head of cylinders
Service of valves
Assembly of a head of cylinders
Removal of shatunno-piston assemblies
Removal of a cranked shaft
Cleaning of the block of the engine
Check of a condition of the block of the engine
Honingovaniye of cylinders
Check of a condition of shatunno-piston assemblies
Check of a condition of a cranked shaft
Check of a condition of radical and shatunny bearings
Engine assembly order after completion of its major maintenance
Installation of a cranked shaft and check of gaps of radical bearings
Installation of piston rings
Installation of shatunno-piston assemblies and check of gaps in shatunny bearings
The first start of the engine after major maintenance
+ Systems of cooling, heating and air conditioning
+ the Power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ System of electric equipment of the engine
+ Systems of decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases and engine management
+ Manual box of gear shifting
+ Automatic transmission
+ Transfer case
+ Coupling and transmission line
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ System of onboard electric equipment
+ Governing bodies and operation receptions
Installation of a cranked shaft and check of gaps of radical bearings
If during carrying out major maintenance of the engine the pro-point of shatunny and radical necks of a cranked shaft till the standard repair size was carried out (with belittling of 0,254 mm), the choice of replaceable bearings should not cause difficulties. It is necessary to order simply a standard set of loose leaves of the repair size. However, it is necessary to remember, what even in case of performance of a pro-point of a shaft and replacement of bearings before starting assembly of the engine it is necessary to make check of gaps in bearings. (see the item. "Irrespective of the used way...").
On the factory line on assembly of engines the sizes of necks of an established shaft and bearings can vary slightly. Cranks and bearings are usually marked with the color code, allowing to define correctness of compliance of loose leaves to shaft necks. If on the engine the cranked shaft is established the standard size, selection of new loose leaves can be carried out according to Section materials Check of a condition of the block of the engine. In case of need qualified consultation always can be received also in a repair truck specializing on restoration of engines.
The color code is usually put down on the brink of the bearing loose leaf.
The code of the size of a neck is usually put down by paint on the closest cheek of a crank from (back) end of a shaft equipped with a flange. The exception is made only by a neck of the back radical bearing the code for which is put a flange of a back crank on 6-cylinder engines. On V8 engines the alphanumeric code of the size of all necks is put on a back flange of a cranked shaft (see. Section Check of a condition of the block of the engine).
For the purpose of more exact correction of a gap the top and bottom flanges of one bearing can be picked up the different sizes. For example, for reduction of a gap by 0,0127 mm the loose leaf of the nominal size can be established in a combination with the second the size with belittling in 0,0254 mm.
At all it is not necessary to establish the loose leaves differing more than on 0,0254 mm in one bearing. Loose leaves of the unpaired size always should be established either all up, or all down.
Measurement of gaps in radical bearings
Irrespective of the used way of determination of the size of bearings, the gap in them should be checked by means of a special set with the calibrated plastic wire (Plastigage). Such check gives a guarantee of correctness of selection of loose leaves.
- Wipe backs of new loose leaves of radical bearings and enclose on one, equipped with an oil flute in each of beds in the block. Soulmates of loose leaves of each of sets enclose in the corresponding cover. Track that uvulas of loose leaves entered reciprocal deepenings in the block or a cover. Oil openings in the block surely should appear combined with openings in loose leaves.
At all застукивайте the loose leaf in a bed a hammer also try not to scratch bearing surfaces and not to leave on them задиров. Greasing at this stage should not be made.
- Wipe surfaces of bearings in the block and necks of a cranked shaft pure неворсящейся rags. Check passableness and, in case of need, clean all oil openings of a shaft. Dirt from them will inevitably get to bearings.
- Having made sure of irreproachable purity of a cranked shaft, carefully lower it in radical bearings.
- Before final installation of a shaft it is necessary to make measurement of size of gaps in its radical bearings.
- Cut on pieces of the corresponding length (slightly more shortly lengths of radical necks of a shaft) the calibrated plastic wire from a set of Plastigage and lay on one along each of radical necks of a shaft, parallel to their axis.
- Lay on a piece of the calibrated plastic wire from a measuring set along an axis of each of radical necks of a shaft, parallel to its axis.
- Wipe surfaces of bearings in covers and establish the last on the places in the block (do not mix a cover) so that the shooters cast on their top part were turned forward on the engine. Try not to displace laid on shaft necks wire pieces. Slightly oil a carving part of bolts of fastening of covers of bearings, screw bolts.
- In three stages tighten bolts of covers with demanded efforts. Do not allow a shaft provorachivaniye in the course of a tightening of bolts.
- Give bolts and carefully remove covers of bearings. Combine them in the same order as they were established on the engine. Try not to displace in the course of removal of covers the flattened-out pieces of a wire and not to turn a cranked shaft. If any of covers does not give in to removal, slightly обстучите its hammer with soft the brisk.
- Measure width of the flattened-out pieces of the calibrated wire by means of a scale on packing to a measuring set. The gap size in the bearing will be result of measurement at once. Compare results of measurements to requirements of Specifications.
When checking results track compliance of a standard of a scale to a standard of technical requirements of Specifications - on packing two scales - one in the American (inch) standard, the second - in metric are put.
- Measure width of the flattened-out pieces of the calibrated wire on each of shaft necks on a scale on packing to a measuring set (measurement make in the widest part of a piece).
- If the gap does not correspond to requirements of Specifications, loose leaves not that size (that means need of selection of replacement) are probably established. Before coming to conclusion about need of replacement of loose leaves make sure that between their backs and beds of bearings in covers or the block in the course of measurement of a gap there was no dirt or oil. If the flattened-out calibrated wire appears more widely from one of edges of a neck, the last has a konusnost.
- Carefully scratch out from surfaces of necks and/or bearings all traces of the flattened-out plastic wire. Use for this purpose a nail or an edge of a credit card - existence on working surfaces of bearings задиров and agnails it is inadmissible!
Final installation of a cranked shaft
- Carefully take a cranked shaft from the engine. Smooth out bearing surfaces in the block and grease them with a thin uniform layer of molibdensoderzhashchy or assembly greasing.
- Grease the surfaces of a cranked shaft contacting to epiploons by pure impellent oil.
- Establish in the block the top half of a back radical epiploon (noted yellow paint the party back on the engine (V8) engines and sealing sponges - forward.
- Enclose in a block flute the top half of a neoprene back epiploon of the crankshaft...
... sponges (shooter) forward on the engine.
- Make sure that necks of a cranked shaft are pure and lay a shaft in the block. Wipe surfaces of bearings in covers and grease them. Establish covers on the places so that shooters pointed to them forward on the engine.
- Establish bolts, having greased their carvings and the lower part of heads with oil. Impose on everyone their parties of an interfaced surface of a cover of the back radical bearing on a Locktite 515 hermetic spot (points of drawing of hermetic on covers of radical bearings of the V8 engine see on
to Head the V8) Engine.
- On the sites of a surface of a cover of the back radical bearing of the 6-cylinder engine noted in drawing impose Locktite 515 hermetic.
- Enclose the bottom half of an epiploon in a cover of the back radical bearing and establish a cover on the place on the block.
- Insert the bottom half of a new neoprene epiploon into a cover of the back radical bearing.
- Tighten bolts of fastening of all covers, except for a cover of the persistent bearing (No. 3), with demanded effort. Slightly move a cranked shaft the lever forward-back in the block, then tighten bolts of a cover of the third bearing with demanded effort.
- Check axial люфт in bulk by means of measuring щупа or a digital measuring instrument of plunzherny type (Undressed Removal of a cranked shaft). Axial люфт should lie in admissible limits if persistent surfaces of a shaft are not worn-out and new bearings are not damaged and established.
- On the models equipped with RKPP establish on a shaft pin the new directing bearing (Head Coupling and the transmission line).
- Several times turn a cranked shaft, having made sure of lack of points of obvious jamming.