Jeep Grandee Cheroki
+ Jeep Grand Cherokee brand Cars
+ Settings and routine maintenance
+ Ryadny six-cylinder engine
+ V8 Engine
- Procedures of the general and major maintenance of the engine
Major maintenance of the engine - the general information
Check of kompressionny pressure in cylinders
The diagnostic checks made by means of the vacuum gage
Methods of removal of the engine and necessary precautionary measures
Removal and engine installation
Options of restoration of the engine
Order of dismantling of the engine
Dismantling of a head of cylinders
Cleaning and check of a condition of a head of cylinders
Service of valves
Assembly of a head of cylinders
Removal of shatunno-piston assemblies
Removal of a cranked shaft
Cleaning of the block of the engine
Check of a condition of the block of the engine
Honingovaniye of cylinders
Check of a condition of shatunno-piston assemblies
Check of a condition of a cranked shaft
Check of a condition of radical and shatunny bearings
Engine assembly order after completion of its major maintenance
Installation of a cranked shaft and check of gaps of radical bearings
Installation of piston rings
Installation of shatunno-piston assemblies and check of gaps in shatunny bearings
The first start of the engine after major maintenance
+ Systems of cooling, heating and air conditioning
+ the Power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ System of electric equipment of the engine
+ Systems of decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases and engine management
+ Manual box of gear shifting
+ Automatic transmission
+ Transfer case
+ Coupling and transmission line
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ System of onboard electric equipment
+ Governing bodies and operation receptions
Assembly of a head of cylinders
Irrespective of, whether the head went to a workshop for carrying out klapanny works or not, before assembly it is necessary to make sure of its absolute purity.
- If service of valves in a workshop was made, all components will be already established on the places. In this case begin assembly with performance of procedure of item 8.
- Establish on directing plugs of each of inlet valves a new maslootrazhatelny cap. Carefully pull each of caps on the plug before its complete landing. Do not allow a perekruchivaniye and a reversing of caps in the course of installation as in this case they will not provide due consolidation on cores of valves. Caps can be established on plugs by means of a deep replaceable head and a small kiyanka, however do not overdo. Caps of umbellate type simply stretch on plugs of final valves.
Pay attention to that caps of inlet valves differ from the final - do not mix them.
- On inlet valves for landing of maslootrazhatelny caps to a ledge of a head of cylinders use a deep replaceable head a small hammer - umbellate type caps of final valves simply stretch on ledges.
1 — Maslootrazhatelny a cap of the final valve
2 — Maslootrazhatelny a cap of the inlet valve
- Since one of the head ends, grease and establish the first valve. The core of the valve should be greased with molibdensoderzhashchy greasing or pure impellent oil.
- Establish on the places klapanny springs and their plates. Compress a spring the special tool.
- Establish in a flute on a valve core crackers of the cutting lock, then slowly release the tool and make sure of correctness of landing of crackers. For fixing of crackers in a flute till an otpuskaniye of the tool put on their inside of a little dense greasing
- Repeat procedure for the remained valves. Watch that all components were established on the former places!
- Check adjusting length of klapanny springs by means of a ruler or Columbus. If the head was sent for restoration and service of valves in a workshop, the adjusting length of springs should be already modified (however it is not necessary to accept it on trust). Measurement is made from a saddle top / an adjusting washer (washers) of each spring to the bottom surface of a plate of a spring. If the height exceeds admissible value according to Specifications, for its adjustment under a spring the superfluous adjusting washer (ы) can be added.
Adjustment work by a podkladyvaniye of washers of insufficient height of a spring is not admissible at all!
- Make sure of compliance to requirements of Specifications of adjusting height of klapanny springs (distance from the top point of a saddle of a spring / an adjusting washer to a top of a cup of a spring or the lower part of its plate).
- Grease working basic surfaces of yokes with molibdensoderzhashchy greasing, then establish on the former places in a head of a yoke and their spherical support.